23 February, 2007

The hidden qualities of boules


The work on track "B" continues. A few days ago, I added effects. First, a short ambience-reverb for the unison intro and then a long, proper reverb as the five oboes spread into chords. I thought I needed something to mark the rythm. In my office, I have six miniature boules that made a nice sound when dropped on each other from two decimeters height. So, that's a nice intro. Now, the track needs a continuation. I duplicated the 8-bar chord part and lowered the volume, to make way for a forthcoming melody. I also created a very simple basstrack as a test, and was quite satisfied with the result. Since I prefer acoustic instruments to midi, I'll record the bass with, perhaps the accordeon or the guitar.

The present version of track "B" is here.

No comments: