05 February, 2007

Hypothesis for the "B" track


Just now, I started working on the second additional track for the forthcoming release, the "B" track. In the idea sketch, I want four or five separate instances of instruments, coming from completely different directions, form a well structured chord progression on which to build the rest of the tune. I was thinking about what chords to use, when I remembered an old time favourite of mine; one of my first recordings since moving here. In it, I use a downward stretching progression of a bit strange chords, and while listening, I often find myself looping that progression again and again, lacking the desire to stop. I just can't seem to get tired of it. The original recording is merely a sketch, so I'll develop the material further for this tune.

The progression sounds like this (but, I won't use that tacky sound).

I'll continue tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gurdonark said...

Sounds interesting. should be fun to hear. I hope things are well, and that all family things progress according to plan.